Help me figure out how to spend my money

fowladdict

I need some help and or ideas about how to spend the money that I have saved up (And only on hunting fellas, don’t need to spend it on women, beer, or give it to any of you to spend for me). So far to date I have saved up 5 grand. I’ve never had the opportunity to spend this much on one hunting trip. I think I’m a little late for any sort of big game, but I don’t know. I really love upland and waterfowl hunting and was thinking maybe with that much cash I could split the money into two trips and take my dog to SD for some pheasant hunting and maybe a trip somewhere to do a little waterfowl. I’ve also thought about doing a trip to Argentina for waterfowl and doves. (I know a guy who goes every April and has pictures of hundreds of birds each time he goes). As far as big game goes I’m game for anything, but I think I’m probably a little too late to do anything this year.

What I’m hoping for is that some of you have some ideas on where you have been and if it was well worth the money. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Aaron

Where are you located addict? Welcome aboard. If you are looking for some hunting opportunities try hooking up with some of the guys here. There have been exotic hunts in TX, bears in SK and this year I am headed to AK with a couple fellas from the board.

Crap ! Man, if you have enough $$ to go to S. America and blast away, then DO IT !! Pics, We need lot'sa pics... Mega Pics!!!!!!

(you can pick up a S.A Cougar while your at it too). :p

come on down to Nevada we be happy to take ya after upland, mainly chukar

check out the website

If I lived in Idaho and had to spend some money that I had saved for a hunt, I'd give some serious thought about taking a trip to Cabo San Lucas and hunting for Marlin, Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, or any of the other varieties of game fish they have down there.. It's a different kind of hunting, but it's well worth the trip..

:cool:

DAn, we hunt mahi, yellowfin, wahoo and sailfish any time we want. Well, not during the hurricanes. Seems like every fall I go hunt elk and the wife and kids get the storm. Ophelia expecting to be in our back yard in the am.
Cheers, Roadtrip.

Fowladdict, I can give you some Ideas to spend the Money on, I have some stuff going on for next year. I'd love to do a Argentina Duck hunt also. I'm all about maximizing the Hunting money !!! We need to get together for lunch again bud. the next 2 weeks are tough but then I'm all about gettign together and talking about hunting !!!!! You want to come over for a BBQ ? I'll show you the 2 points and Spikes I've kilt .. :D :D

Brokfut,
Sky carp shooting sounds like loads of fun. From what I've read it can be the most excellent shooting or nothing at all. Depends on if the birds have moved through yet. Seems like a little bit risky. Have you done it before? If the price could be right I'd give might be willing to give it a try. That would be an april/may hunt right?

gottohunt,
Chukar hunting in NV sounds fun. I'd definitely look into it if I could bring my own dog along and if it can wait until mid to late October. (Gotta get my lope and deer first) Are you a guide? Or owner of a private ranch?

Moosie,
I'm game for a BBQ. Let me know when/where I can check out these monster spikes you've shot. Call me or send me an e-mail.

So far I'm leaning towards the Argentina hunt. But I've got time to make up my mind. If I decide to do Argentina I don't need to have a deposit down til January. I'll post my friends pics from his hunt last year as soon as I can figure out how to post them. Thanks for the help and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!

What about an aoudad hunt? A blackbuck, a fallow, those are big game you could book and do now. $5000 and you don't know what to spend it on, it must be fun thinking about it though?

Well, if big fish isn't what you're into, how about dove or ducks in Mazatlan?
Check with Los Hermanos Arvilles Guides and Outfitters in Mazatlan..

:cool:

I am a guide here, we specailize in upland and big game I dont think we booking till Nov so there be time to get you your lope and deer Bring a buddy or 2 and moosie if ya want too, we have a 2005 special for 4 hunters

Bird Hunts:
1 day economy hunts - $150/per person daily.
1 day deluxe hunts- $250/per person daily.
Our bird hunts are primarily for chukar but quail and hungarian partridge will sometimes show up in the mix. We are located in the chukar capital of the world and no other state can boast as many birds as Nevada. These are not canned hunts. All chukar hunts are on 100% wild birds. This hunt is the best of its kind!
Economy hunt prices include food (quick breakfast and sack lunch) for one person. Deluxe hunts include all meals as well as lodging at a local motel.
Hunt prices do not include license fees or transportation. We do receive discounted room rates and will be happy to help arrange your trip. Licenses are available at the Nevada Division of Wildlife or can be purchased at just about any sporting goods store in Nevada. We will assist you in any way possible so just call or e-mail us.
Please ask about our group rates. We will accommodate up to 4 hunters and will include lodging if needed. These hunts are significantly reduced in price if you book you and your friends.

2004-2005 Special:
4 hunters, two days hunting, two nights lodging. $800.00 (weekend hunts only) Does not include license and transportation to Battle Mountain

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in the chukar deal mentioned above. I can get another guy to go I’m pretty sure and maybe I should ask Moosie himself, but I’m not sure he’d be interested seeing how chukar have no relation to waterfowl or spike bucks and bulls. I have a lab who is an excellent pheasant and quail dog, but has no chukar experience. (First time for everything…Gosh I miss first times hump ) . I’m hoping to find another guy whom is interested and has a dog of his own. My dog has hunted well with other retrievers, but never hunted with any pointers so I’m not sure how she would do in the pointer/lab situation. But, I’d be willing to give it a shot.

I’m liking this hunt because it won’t break the bank and I can still afford the Argentina hunt. If anybody is interested in meeting me in Battle Mtn for this hunt email me @ [email protected] or if you are from the Boise area we can ride together. Hopefully we can get a November hunt in.

Aaron

FOR BIRDS---I vote for the Argentina dove/ducks/goose--it's a trip that will blow your mind--I've only done the doves, but 2 buddies of mine went for the whole she-bang last year and had a riot--these same guys were with us when we did the dove hunt--it is supposedly better than Mexico bird hunting(this comes from friends of mine who've done both)--

FOR BIG GAME--Caribou is a blast also--you have many options--I'd look into doing something in an exotic species in Texas or New Mexico--since you live in Idaho you have most everything else covered---good luck----chris

Fowl.. I would be interested in a Chuckar hunt but I can go right here in the Owyhee's for cheap and save my pennies for another hunt. Like an Argentina hunt :) No offence to got2hunt.

Here is your Pictures you sent me Aaron :

ARGENTINA04DuckShoot.jpg

ARGENTINA-DANA-DIEGO-Pigeons_Doves-Lots.jpg

ARGENTINA04-Geeseandwe3.jpg

ARGENTINA-Diego_I-GEESE.jpg

Thanks Moosie!!!

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to Argentina with my friends dad. These are pics from his trip last year. He shot forty boxes of shells last year at doves, ducks, pigeons and geese. I'm stoked!!!! We'll be gon the first week of May.

Yeah Moosie, You think I can get the time off??!? :)

Do you wanna go? No way in heck we could be gone the same time right!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back