Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hello my name is TJ and I'm an Excel addict so....

teej89

I am creating a spreadsheet to help determine what Unit to apply for in Wyoming for rifle antelope this year with my dad, we have 0pts. I'm going to call the G&F about hunting pressure and public land access or any new leads on new WIHA. From what you see below is there any other factor I could add to this that you'd use in determining what unit to choose from.

Between gohunt.com, WY G&F website and calling a local office I think I should be able to get all this info.

WY Unit Info.jpg

Personally, terrain is a factor. You'll see more antelope on a flat plain, but stalking is tough. You won't see as many antelope in hilly terrain, but stalking is much easier. I prefer rolling hills. I hoof it to every ridge to look down into every draw. I avoid flat plains as I hunt later in the season when the antelope are more timid.

You may have it covered in your conversation w/G&F, but I would add 'Private Acres' behind Public and Walk-In so you have a big picture of overall access. Several units come to mind in WY where there are a 'relatively' high number of BLM acres in an absolute value sense, but still a lot of access trouble.

Yeah I'm going to spend some time researching accessible public land as well. Trying to crunch hard these next four weeks since we just randomly decided to do this hunt.

Has anyone called a local biologist before? If so, what questions are you asking them? I hear talking to a local biologist can be the best help you need to get on antelope.

Back