Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hello from the "Wetside" of Washington

Gunner17

Hey guy's and Gals....

Great Forum. Was told about this form by one of my best freinds who now resides in Idaho. Enjoy the TV show as well. A little about me; born and raised in Vancouver Washington. Grew up mostly flyfishing the small streams and lakes around the area. After College I purchased my first boat (20ft Alumaweld Intruder) and fish most of the runs on the Columbia River system including Sturgeon Yr round, Spring Salmon (referred to as Springers around here), Fall Chinook Salmon, Summer and winter Steelhead. Also Enjoy fishing the Ocean and Astoria (B10) in late August. Now for Hunting; my family aren't hunters and my best freind from Idaho got me interested in the sport. In fact I was with him when I shot my first blacktail buck. I've taken several deer with rifle and muzzloader since then, but yet to harvest my first elk. I've had three solid opportunities in the last 7 years i've hunted for them. I currently spend most of my time fishing, but hunting has now become as equally important as fishing. My son (11 yr old Andrew) just passed hunters safetey this year and we've been putting in the work; scouting, checking game cameras, shooting and preparing for our Deer and Elk hunts in the Coastal range of Washington State. We have our Bikes ready along with trailers and are set to get back behind closed gates. Glad to be a part of this site and look forward to learning and sharing my knowledge with others.

Mark

Welcome, Mark. Expect a lot of "friend requests" when those springers start jumping in your boat.

Great to have ya'! This is one place you can talk about anything and everything in regards to hunting or otherwise and bounce it off guys from all over. Plus we want to see pics of those TROPHIES!!!

Welcome! Steelie and Springer pictures will work in lieu of trophy elk photos. :)

Glad you signed up Mark. Hope Andrew gets a chance at a buck this year, as I know you both have been working hard scouting. Post up some fish pics when you get a chance.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back