Hello from SW MO

MO Betta

Hey everyone,

My name is Jeff, born and lived most of my life in southeast Kansas and for the past few years have been a resident of neighboring Missouri. Introduced to hunting and fishing at a young age by my father and my uncles, beginning with quail hunting then moving on to turkey, deer and waterfowl as I got into my teenage years. In my mid 30's now and still traipsing through the woods, trying to get as much time out there as the adult responsibilities allow.

Generally an archery hunter for big game and shotgun for small game, with dreams of chasing elk out west in the future (will be trying for an elk draw in MO if that happens in the future).

Just wanted to drop in a small introduction, found out about the forum listening to to Randy's podcast. Look forward to learning and conversing with you ladies and gentlemen. Attached a photo of my best buck from Kansas, hopefully the photo isn't too enlarged.

Jeff

Welcome from WY. Went to school in Rolla and spent a lot of weekends in Springfield. Pretty country down there.

Welcome! Went to school in Rolla, too, but moved to Montana last year. Still get back to hunt the MTNF once or twice a year, though.

Going on my first archery elk hunt in a couple months, hoping to have an elk steak for dinner when I turn 30.

Welcome! Went to school in Rolla, too, but moved to Montana last year. Still get back to hunt the MTNF once or twice a year, though.

Going on my first archery elk hunt in a couple months, hoping to have an elk steak for dinner when I turn 30.
My goal is to actually live in Montana as soon as my career path gets me the opportunity to move up there. Fell in love with the Flathead Lake/GNP area where my friends have some property, my favorite place on earth.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I appreciate it.

My goal is to actually live in Montana as soon as my career path gets me the opportunity to move up there. Fell in love with the Flathead Lake/GNP area where my friends have some property, my favorite place on earth.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I appreciate it.

Just be ready for a higher cost of living and real estate prices, plus the higher income tax. No sales tax is nice, but prices are higher in general. I fell in love with that area, too, but Billings is close enough for now.

And hope you get to make it on that elk hunt sooner rather than later. Start budgeting and training now, and you'll be glad you did next fall.

Welcome. Got any cashew chicken leftovers? Pork steak with the bone in? Fried pork tenderloin with mustard and pickle on a bun? Fresh local peaches must be ready now at the u-pick. I am huuuuunnnnngry! Grew up a tad bit north of you towards KC and have been out West a few decades now. Still miss the comfort food. Do not miss the summer humidity.

Welcome. Got any cashew chicken leftovers? Pork steak with the bone in? Fried pork tenderloin with mustard and pickle on a bun? Fresh local peaches must be ready now at the u-pick. I am huuuuunnnnngry! Grew up a tad bit north of you towards KC and have been out West a few decades now. Still miss the comfort food. Do not miss the summer humidity.
There's never a lack of Springfield Cashew Chicken in this area haha. They do love their fried pork tenderloin around here, being a transplant from SE Kansas I'm just disappointed in the fried chicken in these parts. Summer sucks worse here than Kansas, at least there we had the wind to take the edge off the heat and humidity.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back