HD 331-50 (Ruby) Either Sex Moose Permit

Awesome story, congrats to your son!

Small world, I was hunting birds and pronghorn on Sat down that way. When I passed Ruby Reservoir there was a big bull moose, like your pic of "mr. big", walking right down in the middle of it where the water has receded. I was on blm bordering the lake and the thought crossed my mind if that would count as being between the high water mark and since blm bordered the lake if you could hunt him.

Congrats to your son......and to you thanks for the great story. Enjoy. Moose meat is awesome.

Fantastic success for your son, and a nice time for father/son bonding.

I sure hope that the rancher gets a mega-sized thank you and very nice Christmas gift as well.

So cool! Great example of how talking to landowners in a respective manner is good for the individual hunters, and hunters in general. Thanks for improving hunters' reputation! Congrats on your boy's moose!

Too cool! Congrats to your son and thanks for sharing the story.

Great story and pics. Congrats for taking the time to be with your son on a great trip. He'll remember it forever.

Awesome. Congrats on some great memories and fine meat. What a wonderful landowner as well. I have met dozens of them over the years that are incredibly generous and kind. Thanks for sharing.

MOOSE .... it's what's for dinner. Really good eating .... couldn't be more pleased with the results of the hunt, memories, and now a whole lot of meat in the freezer.

IMG_0442.jpg

We ended up with about 300 lbs of moose meat. We got Steaks, Roasts, and the remainder in Burger. Later on, I'll make up some moose jerky to give it try.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. We plan on getting a European mount of the skull (beetle cleaned) and the hide tanned.

Congrats to you and your son.

I tried to send you a PM, it says you need to clear some space to be able to accept any new messages.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back