HB486 - increase fines illegal road closure

MThuntr

Contact your representative on HB486 to vote YES

Would increase fine from $10 to "no less than $100 and no more than $500 per day" for illegally closing a road.

Hughes creek is a prime example of an unenforced illegal road closure fine. We need to add more teeth to stop this issue.

Last edited:
LOOOL at Rhonda Knudsen voting No on it. Gee, I wonder why 🤔
Am I reading this right? The Knudsen ranch tried to block access to an American Legion city park that was donated in honor of WWII veterans in small town Culbertson? It almost sounds like the overly villainous plot of a Minions movie.

Unfortunately this will likely die in the senate with Manzella leading the charge.

Hughes Creek is in her backyard and she saw nothing wrong with the gate on it.

Am I reading this right? The Knudsen ranch tried to block access to an American Legion city park that was donated in honor of WWII veterans in small town Culbertson? It almost sounds like the overly villainous plot of a Minions movie.
When you’re so entitled and oblivious that you can’t recognize how bad this move makes your family look, there’s a problem. Also Austin’s recent Land Board comments. I’m pretty sure this family thinks Yellowstone is their personal biography or life goals to achieve. Hopefully the ever expanding list of Knudsen bs gets frequently aired when Austin runs for governor.

2nd vote.jpg
After some monumental efforts from MT-BHA, PLWA, and MWF, and the hard work of Sens. Friedel and Small to blast this bill twice to get it past a difficult committee, it passed the second vote late last night; one more vote and it goes to the Governor's desk. If any of your Senators show a no vote here, please reach out to them!

I watched one of the votes on this and a big part of the heartburn for people voting no was if someone sued them because onx said there was a road they would be charged daily fee while they judicated it. It was brought up that the definition of a public road had nothing to do with onx. It's defined in the bill. Onx was brought up by multiple people. Republican supporters were flabbergasted with them.

Back