HB 1175

This reads like a pro public lands and waters bill? Do the leasees currently have the option to post the land ? In Colorado it depends on the type of lease of the rancher also has the hunting rights etc wish we had this here, we'd have an extra million or more acres to access.

Thanks for sharing
Posting is allowed under request from the lessee, but he has to submit that request to the Trust Land Department and prove that he has cattle/livestock on that land. Then the the land department will issue a sign with specific dates that the land can be posted. Right now, it's a very small percentage of Trust land acres get posted and it's generally the same chunks every year.

this bill is long overdue, I had a nightmare experience last year. I shot a really good buck on state land (leasee was after him) had a warden at my house next day with bogus accusations (he was really good about it). The land was locked up that same day and my name has been drug thru the mud over the deal.

this bill is long overdue, I had a nightmare experience last year. I shot a really good buck on state land (leasee was after him) had a warden at my house next day with bogus accusations (he was really good about it). The land was locked up that same day and my name has been drug thru the mud over the deal.
We've already heard there will be strong opposition to this bill from some of the ag groups like Stockmans and grazing associations. Not a surprise, but it presents a significant challenge.

I stand corrected. Passed the house floor. Not the first odd thing we've seen this session. Unlikely to make it through the Senate and now that it's a study focused on Big game only we will likely oppose.

Also plan to work with the trust lands dept towards a solution after session.

Hopefully if nothing else, this gets the wheels turning at the trust lands dept. and maybe some access issues can be fixed. I didn’t know the exact stipulations on them allowing land to be posted before this bill. If their own posting rules would have been followed the stuff I had an issue on would not have been posted.

Hopefully if nothing else, this gets the wheels turning at the trust lands dept. and maybe some access issues can be fixed. I didn’t know the exact stipulations on them allowing land to be posted before this bill. If their own posting rules would have been followed the stuff I had an issue on would not have been posted.
A legislative study will likely slow down the process of finding a solution and limit the trust lands dept during that process. Opposing this on the Senate side is in the best interest of current discussions and finding a solution sooner rather than later.

A legislative study will likely slow down the process of finding a solution and limit the trust lands dept during that process. Opposing this on the Senate side is in the best interest of current discussions and finding a solution sooner rather than later.
Brock - why don’t you for once quit the bs and tell everyone what your agenda is ? You’re fine with some units being open to baiting and some where there is no confirmed cwd being closed by the g and f that doesn’t have that power but then mad cuz legislators trying to take the power , that isn’t there’s to begin with away ? You don’t own much land that’s obvious

Reactions: GST
Brock - why don’t you for once quit the bs and tell everyone what your agenda is ? You’re fine with some units being open to baiting and some where there is no confirmed cwd being closed by the g and f that doesn’t have that power but then mad cuz legislators trying to take the power , that isn’t there’s to begin with away ? You don’t own much land that’s obvious
Huh? 🤪

Not quite sure I know what you mean by "agenda". I think I've posted a fair amount of information, as well as my opinions, on the matter. If you think there's some secret "agenda", I'm not sure what to tell you.

I'm also not sure what your fascination with me is, but a lot of your recent posts the last couple weeks seem to indicate that you're just following me around posting gibberish and hurling insults at me and others. I simply don't have time to entertain that, so I will continue to proceed like your posts hold 0 value to the discussion and arent worth my time to acknowledge.

But by all means, it's a free country, so keep on keeping on.

Not quite sure I know what you mean by "agenda". I think I've posted a fair amount of information, as well as my opinions, on the matter. If you think there's some secret "agenda", I'm not sure what to tell you.

I'm also not sure what your fascination with me is, but a lot of your recent posts the last couple weeks seem to indicate that you're just following me around posting gibberish and hurling insults at me and others. I simply don't have time to entertain that, so I will continue to proceed like your posts hold 0 value to the discussion and arent worth my time to acknowledge.

But by all means, it's a free country, so keep on keeping on.
Huh - I honestly want to know your reason you’re against the bill .

Back