Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hay Bale Blinds

Muskeez

Considering one of these for whitetails. My brushed in pop-up blinds work well, but something more solid and easier interests me. Several brands out there and I also could make one. Wondering if anyone has experience with them, which brand worked best, survived the harsh weather better, etc,... If one brand was bad news, that can be just as valuble of info. Thanks for any advise!

Muskeez, I'm not authority on this type of blind, but, I did buy a couple of the Ameristep Hayhouse blinds to use during early goose season here in Indiana. They are really nice. 5'x5' with a floor it holds 2 guys and a dog pretty easy. It has a camo mesh top (about a 1/3 of the top) that makes it cooler and easy to see out of too. It also has mesh windows on both ends, comes with a backpack to carry it in and its pretty light. . .maybe 15 lbs?? I gave $189.00/for each. Someone use to make a cornstalk camo hay bale blind, but not sure who it was. I looked at the Beavertail Bale blinds too but they were $300-$400 each. Hope you find one you like. RJ

TLC, those are some great looking blinds! I really like those and I'm not a "blind" type of guy except for goose hunting. Those are pretty amazing looking for sure!! I'd be afraid if I left it the farmer may run a bale spike through it and try to haul it off! LOL

RJ, looked at the ameristep ones, too. biggest problem for me is that you have to shoot up. looking for one that I can use my bow in on an antelope hunt, hopefully, this fall in wyoming. plus, being down here in southern illinois now, the big bales are what we do. so, can always pop it up here, also for deer hunting.

ok, just talked to the guy. says the wraps weigh 20 pounds+/-. have an 8x8 that covers the top, then a "blanket" that wraps around the sides. start at the door and work your way around using zip ties to hold it together. cut the windows out after you have it up.

$79.00 includes shipping.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back