Have you seen the prices of new aluminum boats these days?

TomTeriffic

Some of those stupid things are under 19' and exceed $50K retail! I used to think such small floating beer cans were made for cheap weekend fun on the water and easy to keep and trailer. Sadly, Crestliner has dropped the Discovery line. Even those were about $15K 5 years ago and they had a STEERING WHEEL even.

Not tracking?
GUESSING you didn't get it? StaySharp was an avid poster of miscellaneous threads about just about anything. Mostly how-to threads where he went into VERY detailed descriptions. His thoughts were always correct and any discouraging words were met with laughter or totally ignored.

GUESSING you didn't get it? StaySharp was an avid poster of miscellaneous threads about just about anything. Mostly how-to threads where he went into VERY detailed descriptions. His thoughts were always correct and any discouraging words were met with laughter or totally ignored.
I can’t say that I recall him. But back when I started HT, there was a certain light that was shown over FNGs.

Russia provides 90% of aluminum being mined so if aluminum recycling is not keeping up with demand in your country then you need to put in a purchase order to Putin.

Who puts a 90hp on a boat anymore? Merc has a 600hp outboard now! That should get the old Lund up on step!

I think hunting game, especially doves and varmints, on dry land is still cheaper than boating in the long run. No boat needed for river fly-fishing also.

I think hunting game, especially doves and varmints, on dry land is still cheaper than boating in the long run. No boat needed for river fly-fishing also.
We must hunt doves differently. Excluding my hunting license I don’t spend more than $50 a year on dove hunting.

And I can think of plenty of rivers where a boat may not be necessary to fly fish, but it sure comes in handy.

We must hunt doves differently. Excluding my hunting license I don’t spend more than $50 a year on dove hunting.

And I can think of plenty of rivers where a boat may not be necessary to fly fish, but it sure comes in handy.
Differently? You think boating would cost less than $50 a year? Do you know how much gas they burn? Well, if a decent new aluminum boat costs $25,000 before you even put gas in the thing, think about how much all the dove hunting you could do for the rest of your life with the money your would have otherwise spent on taking up boating. I was comparing the cost of hunting doves as opposed to buying a new boat. I think we can agree both here, that those two outdoor fun games hardly compare. I was thinking about a boat but now I'm thinking along the lines of forget it. I already have the perfect shotgun for dove anyway. Now, I need a pair of retrievers.

Back