Caribou Gear

Have you ever seen this???

konasage

Was wondering if any of you have seen something this crazy? I wish I could have talked him into selling this to me for a floor lamp in my house. I imagine someone hung this small head in a small Aspen tree and caused enough damage to the bark to trigger a defensive response and excelled growth to grow around this set of antlers over the years... pretty damn cool.

Attachments

• 129743409898551170.jpg
    129743409898551170.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 478
There was a house near where I grew up that had a set of elk sheds grown into a fork of a tree where someone had hung them long ago. I saw a photo on another hunting forum a few years ago of a bighorn sheep skull in a tree. Seems they found it waaaay out in the middle of nowhere.

Wish I could find the family again and talk them out of it. What did you think of that Muley on his wall in the obsession thread? TOAD

There was a house near where I grew up that had a set of elk sheds grown into a fork of a tree where someone had hung them long ago. I saw a photo on another hunting forum a few years ago of a bighorn sheep skull in a tree. Seems they found it waaaay out in the middle of nowhere.
The 'sheep trees' were a common practice of th Sheepeater Indians, a band of the Shoshone. I'd love to find one in place.

I found one once picking morels in the spring. I thought about cutting it down and getting help packing it out, but I left it there. I believe the buck stuck his head i the tree. Its at the perfect height.

Attachments

• IMG_4037.jpg
    IMG_4037.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_4038.jpg
    IMG_4038.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 306
I found one once picking morels in the spring. I thought about cutting it down and getting help packing it out, but I left it there. I believe the buck stuck his head i the tree. Its at the perfect height.

Latitude and Longitude and I'll take care of that for you...

I am thinking about getting it this fall. I need to get one of these bears sewed up so I could incorporate it with the mount.

Back