H H ranch Unit 13 NM

old dude

Drew the Double H this year. Anyone ever hunted it? Haven't hunted 'lopes in 30 years. Drought issues or good conditions? Thanks.

Here is an episode filmed on the state lands there as part of the Mobility Impaired hunt. That hunt is different than the regular hunt, where you get to hunt all public and private lands within the administrative unit created by NM G&F.

Were you assigned the Double HH as a ranch, where you will be allowed to hunt on their private lands, also? If that is the case, you are in for a really good hunt.

https://youtu.be/SFlX2w9zOTA?list=PLLdxutimd-Js_BQyal8BUaEQhpMemo3Ry

Haven't hunted antelope there but when I drive through there enroute to the Gila I always see antelope. Before I retired from the Air Force, our main low level route went over that area. It was really cool to watch the antelope running when you are watching them from 300ft up. Should be a good hunt.

My son did a youth cow elk hunt there. Amazing place. Saw a lot of antelope.

Lots of antelope on the Plains.
As Randy said,if you have a HH ranch tag your in for a treat.
I have a rancher friend across the hwy from it,and she works cattle there still.
I have been on it when it was RMEF ,for a meeting. Been all around the public land near there.

Thanks. Guys. It is a ranch tag. Have yet to receive the map from fish and game. I understand they have 4 tags through the state lottery, hunting 40,000 acres. First time I even applied for antelope. Funny thing is......the guy who bought the ranch has a lake house across from me. It is a small world indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back