Grips VS Sideplates?

Hooligan

Getting my Hoyt back from being dipped soon, and trying to decide if I should put the 180 Profit grip back on, or go to side plates?

I hear that sideplates are way more accurate. Anyone with experience on this?

I put small side plates on mine and it helped with bow toque I didn't even know I had.
I have also seen guys shoot with no grip and say it is even better.

I would go no grip at all; wrap it with some athletic tape and you're good to go!

Thanks guys....I think I will try shooting it with no grip first and go from there. J&M shipped it from Utah today, so hopefully Monday I should be starting re-assembly!!!!!

I took off the factory grip and put side plates on my vector turbo. I prefer the way it feels and it looks better too. I'm sure it feels basically the same for shooting without any grip.

That 180 grip is terrible! Sticky rubber is something that should never be used on a grip. It just induces torque. Not to mention the big fat rubber grip just makes you want to grab it, even if subconsciously. Go sideplates, or better yet pick up an aftemarket grip like a Shrewd, Hicks, or Torqueless.

I really like the looks of the Torqueless brand, but they do not make 'em for Hoyt's......Sideplates it is, if I do not like the bare riser...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back