Greetings from Georgia and I am Finally Going West

Professor

Hi all. I do not feel new because I have been coming to this forum for years but I have never introduced myself. I am 54 and from Georgia. I am an avid outdoors man and finally I will be hunting in the West. My son and I are planning an Idaho OTC elk and deer hunt for September. We are gearing up and training now. We are going to scout the area in June and will combine that with a bear hunt. Training is a challenge. We are hiking with full packs up and down the river bluffs. This is about a 500 ft change in elevation. I can not however replicate the altitude. So far I have lost 20 lb and have another 13 to drop in 5 weeks. Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the guidance. This forum is so packed with valuable info about hunting the West that I never even had to ask a question.

Hi all. I do not feel new because I have been coming to this forum for years but I have never introduced myself. I am 54 and from Georgia. I am an avid outdoors man and finally I will be hunting in the West. My son and I are planning an Idaho OTC elk and deer hunt for September. We are gearing up and training now. We are going to scout the area in June and will combine that with a bear hunt. Training is a challenge. We are hiking with full packs up and down the river bluffs. This is about a 500 ft change in elevation. I can not however replicate the altitude. So far I have lost 20 lb and have another 13 to drop in 5 weeks. Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the guidance. This forum is so packed with valuable info about hunting the West that I never even had to ask a question.
Welcome from NC. Once you go west it will always be a part of you and you will never be the same. Best wishes on your trip.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back