Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Got ROBBED !!!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
It must have been an Illegal, ;) (LOL cjcj)

No, but seriously, our work truck, parked in our office area got pried into last night :eek: . Fortunately we take in the Data collector and GPS, the $50,000 portion of the stuff but they cleaned almost everything else out which was only around $4,700 and some change.

Makes us re-think how we do backups in the office too for files. Although we have alarms and such, we're doing backups of our data and taking it off site for storage now. I couldn't even imaging loosing months and months of plan drawings for clients and survey data and work files and such and try to re-coop from it. It doesn't matter if someone would end up with it, it's no secret stuff, but the data is unable to duplicate at a cost that we could sustain. So we're changing safety measures around the new company now. We have to look at getting robbed as a learning experience and move on. Still pisses me off that some Bastards would pry open a truck with a locked shell on it and steal crap. They left a couple of things that were of value but probably had no clue what they were. But all the prisim's, pin locator, tripods, poles, etc, GONE !!!

What do ya do besides file a report and move on.... eh ? :BLEEP:

Moosie, I know how you feel. I got hit on one of my job sites. They broke through a window and entered the site, stole around $4,000 in tools.
The weird thing was I stopped by late at night around 2:00 in the morning and checked the site, as I was coming back from a meeting, I missed the thugs by very little. The cops thought that they could have been hiding inside. I'd loved nothing more than to catch some chit eaters red handed stealing a working mans livelyhood.

Kids having fun Break windows, Etc. ;) I'm thinking it's FA trying to put us out of Bizz before we take over ;) (I'm just kidding, usually I don't have to put jsut kidding but I have to make sure it's clear to every body !!!)

Anyways, we're not getting to worked up, jsut goin gto be a little more carefull. But like I said, it happens and happens alot. Sucks more then bothers me. Sometimes you jsut want to have a camera watching stuff or jsut set someone up and wait for them.

Canoe, you back yet ?

Moosie, theft in Nampa, come on! Set up some sort of closed circuit video or something like that. You have digital trail cams too. Set them babies up. You will probably get a lot of pics of stupid crap but you might just catch those bastages in the act if it happens again.....

Had a PU broken into twice in front of my house. Wife woke me up at 2:30 and I saw a penlight in the window of my truck a couple of weeks later. Stood near the truck out front in my undies with a short barrel 12ga. Chambered a round and the guy was 3 feet from me hiding in a bush. I yelled a drew a bead as he jumped on an ATV in my neighbors yard and took off. Chased him in the truck and found him driving right at me with no lights. Ran him into a wall and he bounced off then got away through a school. Never had the problem again. Here we go on ATV tweekers now.

They use to hit our camp alot.And when I was younge and not thinking ( Don't even go there) I use to leave my things in there. Now it is empty and I leave the window curtain open for them to see there is no point to break in and risk the chance in gettng caught.Hate to see them fall down,Not worth broken legs over. Carry on Moose and there day will come.

Moosie, theft in Nampa, come on! Set up some sort of closed circuit video or something like that. You have digital trail cams too. Set them babies up. You will probably get a lot of pics of stupid crap but you might just catch those bastages in the act if it happens again.....

no camera's, pelet gun.

Oscar- Yea, I'll bet your right on about the FA conspiracy. I had never thought about that one. Do they still have anyone smart enough to hatch a scheme like that though? (hoping ElkTurd isn't reading this)

Yea, we got back on the 2nd. It was pretty nice there the whole time we were there. I am still on Maui time though, going to bed at 3am and getting up at 11am local time. That will change awfully fast when I have to go back to work on tuesday.

Moosie,

If it was just a "regular camper shell", it will keep happening.

I saw some used steel toppers like the Phone companies use, that you can lock up, and can't be pried open at Case Tractor/Backhoe equipment the other day. You might want to consider another soloution to preventing the next one other than you sleeping in the parking lot..........

We had a jobsite hit a couple years ago, and the bastages cleaned out every thing in the trailer; power tools, cords, ladders, shovels, laser level, and even took all the screws, nails, nuts, bots, caulking and dumb stuff like that. Think that was about $10,000 worth.
Another time, they stole a rental skid loader, but the cops found it about 1/2 mile away stuck in a muddy ditch. Guess that was probably some kids.

Now we have heavy locks on everything, bars on all windows, fuel cut off switches on the rolling stock, etc. You aint gonna stop the pros, but a little precaution will stop the ametuers and kids.

I think your on to something with that whole FA conspricy theroy Moosie. I mean they put a camera in my office to make sure I'm doing work now, better hurry up with this post before they catch me.:D

Freaking thieves! :BLEEP: yes get some security cameras... then leave some stuff out "bait them" then call in the troops for some Justice..hump . Whats FA?:confused:

Moosie in this type of situation you always bend over grab your ankles and grit your teeth. As the police dept. wont do crap they have better things to do and will tell you "what are you worried about your insurance will cover it". which it probally will however, they don't do anything for free and your rates will dramatically increase, maybe not this year but next year for sure.

so instead of taking it up the butt by the police dept. and the insurance co the best thing to do is just take it like a man, and be greatful you helped some asshole pay for his crack cocain habit or what ever else compelled him to steal your stuff for. then if and when you do find the asshole bury him.

cjcj, FA is the abreviations to the company that I left when I started my new firm last year. I only used the initials to make sure most wouldn't get it because it was a joke. Turbo used to work in the FA Bosie office then moved to the FA Rexburg office. Canoe works for the state and we used to do work for them... well, FA still does but we've decided to do work for Nicer people .. Err I mean different clients ;) I do still play poker with them to ine my pockets once in a while :p

I was thinking of a device that is like a large mousetrap/beartrap welded to the truck, but then remembered that criminals have more rights then the person gettign robbed and if they get caught in a bear trap situation then We'd probably get sued :(

Yah, the metal box will be the next thing we decide to buy gunner. Till then, it's just "stuff" I guess. Working mans stuff. |oo |oo

Back