Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Got lucky

Big Sky

Hey, it appears that even old guys get lucky now and then. I got this bear last night just before dark on a spot and stalk hunt. If you haven't gutted and skinned a bear out with a flashlight, you haven't lived. It made for a late night, but I'm still riding the high this morning.
BlackBear06_original.jpg

Great job Troy....what do you think he'll weigh? Nothing like working over a headlamp-take the end off of any fingers?

Thanks guys. MarvB believe it or not I didn't even nick one of my fingers. That is sort of a miracle in its self. I didn't take any measurements or weigh the bear. I was sort'a in a hurry to get off the mountain and home before it got too late. I'm guessing he's right around 175 lbs or so. Not a big bear, but I'm plenty happy with him and he broke a very long jinx for me here in Montana.

Oak, it's a Remington model 700 with a McMillan Mt. Rifle stock. It's chambered for 30.06 and is pretty much as tricked out as it can be, custom trigger, Leupold Weaver style mounts, Warne rings, Leupold scope w/target turrets, and an A-Square scope level. It choooots real gooood.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back