Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Gospel Hump Wilderness Area in Idaho

BlakeBow8

Im planning a hunt to Idaho to hunt mule deer. I was looking at the gospel hump because its not that far away from where I live in washington. Any input in this area would be helpful. Or any suggestions on where to go would help to. Once spring hits im going to be scouting areas in Idaho and would like to have ideas to start. Ill be calling fish and game and talk to some of the biologist but its always good to hear from fellow hunters. So im planning on a six day to ten day hunt no matter where I go, and probably backpack in six to ten miles. So any info helps. Thank you.

The Hump is awesome...take your camera along as well. you will love it; I worked in there a few times and there were plenty of Mtn. Goats. as well as every other critter. Saw quite a few deer as well. If I remember right the road above Rainbow lake? provides some camping options? Sorry I can't help you more haven't been in there for about 10 years. have fun! good luck!

Some awesome country, but definitely not a high density deer area. Used to be a ton of elk in that country, but it has also really dropped off. A couple different access options, either coming in from the east around Orogrande summit or from the west in the Square mountain area. The roads on the west side are definitely better.

I posted in your other thread. It may not be as useful now that I know where you are already looking but it's only a few hours drive if your first choice doesn't pan out.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back