Yeti GOBOX Collection

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

I can't find anything about keeping your points if you get an unlimited license within the regs either. Also, the draw statistics show how many points "successful applicants" had, inclusive of the unlimited tags. I don't think they would list this data if it was irrelevant. So I'm going with the assumption that if you get a tag for that species then your points are reset to zero. For example, it appears a nonresident burned 14 points to hunt unit 303 last year.

I think the difference is that you can get an unlimited tag every year (if you don't harvest a ram...if you do then you have to wait 7 years to get another tag), but it you even draw (and don't harvest) a tag in a limited unit then you cannot apply for 7 years.

Either way, I would be damn sure that I knew the outcome before I jeopardized 14 points! I suppose this is just a long winded "I don't know".

Last edited:
It's just like applying for an unlimited deer or elk unit if you have points. Don't check the box on the application that you want to use or gain a point when applying. Last I heard you can not use your points for 2 consecutive years and still keep them.

With all of the snow that we've seen this year, when do you guys think you can get into the unlimiteds?

A nice change for 2018: you can still build sheep points and hunt the unlimiteds in the same year. If you "apply" for the unlimited sheep tag you can then purchase a bonus point during the bonus point-only period which I believe runs July 1st - September 30th.

That said, who's all planning on hunting the unlimiteds this year?! I'm going to make a go of it, given I don't draw a NM elk tag. Still waiting on those NMDGF results...

A nice change for 2018: you can still build sheep points and hunt the unlimiteds in the same year. If you "apply" for the unlimited sheep tag you can then purchase a bonus point during the bonus point-only period which I believe runs July 1st - September 30th.

That said, who's all planning on hunting the unlimiteds this year?! I'm going to make a go of it, given I don't draw a NM elk tag. Still waiting on those NMDGF results...

Well I was kinda bummed I "applied" and had to wait for the drawings as opposed to just purchasing it direct like I heard. Glad I did that now, Ill be adding another point come July! Ill be out there this year

I hope they change that rule, all's that's gonna do is add competition.
Won't be able to get in till mid July I bet.

Not going to happen, and to make matters worse 1 year olds can start buying points.

I would double check on the ability to draw a sheep tag and buy a point the same year. I do not believe that is accurate. Last year, I held an unlimited tag and attempted to buy a point in the secondary cycle. I paid for the point but did not receive a point. The only reason I did this was to see if that was how the new system worked, or if it was a glitch in the system. In my opinion, one should be able to buy a point, or hold an unlimited tag, not both. Again, this was my experience last year..if someone has additional info, feel free to chime in.

Don't forget those in the 7 year waiting period.

I am in my 7 year wait for Goats and I bought my point last year and will continue to do so. By the time I can apply again I will have 5 or 6 points which is more than I had when I drew my tag.

I'd say that was more than likely a glitch in the system. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.. I know a guy who harvested a ram last year and the FWP site was ready to let him apply for sheep again this year. Here's a screen shot from FWP on the policy of buying points if you apply as well: View attachment 81982

The first sentence in your bullet says "If you did not apply for a bonus point..." rather than "If you did not apply..." Given the first sentence, I'd take the bolded sentence to mean you cannot apply for bonus points and purchase bonus points in the same year. But you can apply without bonus points and buy one in the same year.

All of the unlimiteds are in that 173 section. There's an incredible amount of snow there.

Attachments

• IMG_2982.jpg
    IMG_2982.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,132
Well that's it for the application period. Who's in the game this year? I'll be up there somewhere.

The past few days the beartooths have gottan snow down to about 6500'. Who knows how much more they got up top. Sure had a bunch already.

I had a hard time making a final decision on a unit but finally went with my gut and made the submission. Sheep tag in pocket! Super excited to make a run at it!

If I get my way I'll be in the Beartooth Sept 11-23 (but with a little luck, coming out sooner!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back