Goog old days buck

antlerradar

This buck was taken just south of my house back in the late 50s The hunter took the buck to the local big buck contest, won the contest and sold the head to an eastern hunter(I think from Nebraska) for a total of 75 dollars. When the old timers talk about big deer this is the one they compare all the others too. If any of you know about the current whereabouts of this buck I would like to know. What do you think he will score? I think about 190, maybe as high as 195.

Antlerradar

Attachments

• avon deer (2).jpg
    avon deer (2).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 726
Last edited:
Great picture, better than many old trophy photos.

I love those back in the day pictures. Actual score does not matter on a buck like this one.

Not that it really matters but I would not call a hunter from Kansas an eastern hunter. Kansas produces the occasional bruiser mule deer.

If I had any connection to that photo, it would be a large frame print in my house.

Neat photo of a great buck - thanks for sharing. I'm with you on score- I guessed 24 on beams and inside. 18, 12, and 12 on tines, 17 total on mass.

That gentleman most likely didn't impress easily. Pic, buck, and expression for the ages.

Sweet picture art.

I think Randy should do a show from your house.

Why don't you show these hunt talkers a few pics of your own personal shed museum.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back