Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Good Start

Wow, that's impressive. Skinning, stretching, and turning that many coyotes is a ton of work.

Did the coons actually sell for anything? NAFA is still sitting on my coons I shipped last year.

Wow, that's impressive. Skinning, stretching, and turning that many coyotes is a ton of work.

Did the coons actually sell for anything? NAFA is still sitting on my coons I shipped last year.

The buyer only gave us $15.00 avg. for the coons. We sold them all instead of holding onto them.

Great fur! You guys have great coloring on the coyotes. NAFA prices have held pretty well over the last year for the good coyotes. Based on the January sale, you did OK by getting rid of the coons. They didn't sell well at the auction. No cats on your line?

Great fur! You guys have great coloring on the coyotes. NAFA prices have held pretty well over the last year for the good coyotes. Based on the January sale, you did OK by getting rid of the coons. They didn't sell well at the auction. No cats on your line?

Cats? We have been trying but no luck. We used to get 3 or 4 a year. The last few years we only get 1. None so far this year.

Picture bring back memories.

I would get $50 a coyote in Midwest back in mid-70s selling local. Plus coyotes had a small bounty. Raccoons were around $30. Muskrats were $8 and the easiest to catch and the traps cost the least. Beavers were around $20 unless "blanket" size and more work than any other critter I dealt with to get ready for market. Opossums were around $5 and with all the fat were more work than a raccoon. Only caught a few mink and fox so not sure what got paid then.

We would hunt raccoons at night with dogs, too, and when had snow would hunt coyotes, too, in the day by driving the rural roads scanning out into the fallow fields.

I used to figure the value of the fur in "Miller beer six-packs" as an under-aged trapper!

Nice work JCS thats a lot of work . Be and my buddy have killed 61 so far this year but we don't snare just call. We have been averaging about 37 unskinned and that's good enough for me. Some bring 50 most bring 30-35 and the rest 10-20. Keep stacking them up, Thanks for sharing. I don't think we are that far apart maybe we can hook up and do some calling one day.

Back