Good Saturday.

Nemont

It was cold, overcast and windy Saturday morning. Took a couple of young 13 year olds with us. My son and another buddies son. Also a guy I had not ever hunted with. We had a great shoot and got back in time to watch the Bobcats beat the Griz. Made for a super Saturday.

18 geese and 18 ducks and a bonus Snow Goose.

P1000864.jpg

Nemont

If I am ever reincarnated into waterfowl, I need to make a note not to migrate over NE Montana. You guys are as brutal on the fowl as the weather is on you.

Looks like some happy faces.

Watched many flocks of snows flying high above while deer hunting in central MT today. A few big flocks of honkers and mallards, also. Hope they don't go too far south, as the rifles will be retired for shotguns in a couple weeks.

Holy cow! Great job! And here I thought I had a good night with a drake mallard and a Canadian.

Looks like a great time... Grats on a great day - to include the... eh, uhhh - bobbycat win.

I might just have to start bird hunting, everyone on here are always posting up pics of great times.

I might just have to start bird hunting, everyone on here are always posting up pics of great times.

Me too. I have a GSP who would probably love if I took him a bit north to swim for some ducks & geese. I don't know jack about it (not much different from what little I know about big game lol) but it looks like another opp I've just been missing out on all these years.

Great Day Nemont! Good for you getting the youngn's on a great shoot.
I'm just fixing to get on them in earnest here. Plenty of birds around and nasty weather closing in on us as I type.
WD

Back