Good day shed hunting.

elkkill2006

My youngest son (Arlan) and I went out yesterday looking for sheds and checking out some country I have not been in since 1988. It was great telling him stories and showing him the country my dad, brother, and I use to trap and hunt rabbits in back in the 80's before the road closures.

We seen lots of deer and found a few sheds. I also have discovered that a lot of elk have moved into this country and even seen one nice bull. All in all a wonderful day spent out in the woods with my son.

The first shed of the day (spotted by Arlan)
064.jpg

Arlan with some of the sheds he found including a nice fresh brown with blood on the base.
065.jpg

066-1.jpg

069-1.jpg

067-2.jpg

The only shed I found !
068-2.jpg

Arlan and his friend coming out of the last big canyon

070.jpg

One of the best part's of being a Dad is spending time outdoors with the offspring...

Sounds like a great time - Thanks for sharing !!

Great pictures and story...makes me want to get out looking. What state were you in...I'm not sure much has dropped in Montana yet.

Thanks guys ! :) It was just really nice getting out and about. It seems with the way the weather has been every weekend I would never get out. And then the remodeling and painting in the house hasn't helped either. :mad:

We are in Colorado.

All the whitetail in my neck of the woods are already showing pretty good growth already, haven't seen a horn on a head since first part of February. Went up on the front the other day to look at deer though, and saw quite a few smaller muleys still packing.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back