Good day chasing some uplands

mtmiller

I don't think I have shot a pheasant in 7 or 8 years, but I went out with a coworker this morning and we found what we were looking for. My sharpie shooting left something to be desired, but between the two of us, we pulled the trigger 6 times on pheasants and ended up perfect.

I really wish Axl could have shared the experience, but obviously that wasn't possible. :( Good news is I put down a deposit last week on a pup in Washington. He will be headed to MT in early January.

Weather was pretty chilly, but it was worth the walk.

333.jpg

Very cool.
Glad to hear you're getting a new pup, what breed?

Looks like a fun day. Congrats on the new pup. I would argue your comment on color, but my black laying beside me right now and my experience with chocolates, leave me with no ammunition.:eek:

Congrats on a great day after the chinks, grats also on the upcoming new pup.

nice hunt, look forward to more years of pictures from you, and your new friend.

Very Nice Miller, looks like you had a good day. I would say your excited about your new pup. Will you use him/her for retrieving, flushing, pointing or all ? I've been wanting a lab myself to train to find antler sheds.
Good Luck with your pup!

I would probably have a hard time deciding on color.lol

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 337
The "old guy" busted more snow than me and Ruger was very impressive. Excellent morning with a great double to finish it.

I would say your excited about your new pup. Will you use him/her for retrieving, flushing, pointing or all ?

His dad is a Grand Master Pointing Lab and his mom is a duck hunting machine. Most of his duties will be finding cripples in cold azz water and putting up with my lousy shooting.:D

Sounds like you new pup will have as good a life as any dog could ever wish - with all you shared with us of Axl.

looks you two had a great day - some healthy lookin pheasant too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back