Caribou Gear Tarp

Going to to Texas--What should I hunt

thegamegtr

Family is headed to San Antonio the last week in March. I would like to do a little hunting while I am down there. Anyone done any hunting in that area? What should I go after--I really don't need to make it a big deal, just thought it would be fun to spend a day or two hunting. Thanks, Wade

Wade:

I have been to San Antonio 2 times and it is a great city with lots of things to do and see. If you love to EAT then it's heaven on earth.

I have always been too busy to hunt, however, I have checked the local papers and there are people offering Hog Hunts. I've always wanted to do that. Prices seemed reasonable. Some will even pick you up at the hotel and I believe I remember that they have rifles to use. I am not sure what you would do with the meat if you shot one.

good luck to all
the dog

I'd bet you can hog hunt, I think it's an otc license, and probably pretty affordable. I don't know if texas does it, but there may be a hunters feeding the hungry thing, where you can donate an animal with some cash to cover processing, and help the food banks. Have fun in SA, it's kind of a cool town.

YO ranch is about 60 miles away in Kerrville. Lots of exotics. Also lots of different ranches, but YO was one of the first to stock exotics.

Thanks for the ideas. Can I hunt pigs on my own? Anyone have experience with a particular outfit. I have not transported a gun or bow through an airline since 2007, is it difficult within the US? Thanks Again

Go look up Hunting the Texas Hill Country and lots of sites will pop up. Within 90 miles in all directions you will be able to hunt 100's of exotics. Cool hunts for about $250 and up are the Ram hunts, Hog hunts & Javalina hunts. For $400 & up you may be able to hunt exotic does. Most of your Exotic bucks start at about $1500 & up. I hope this helps. Good Luck & God Bless.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back