Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Going all in

My grandparents had horses from the time I was born. Then I got into them. Then my parents did and still have 2. In my 40 years of experience with them they always find away to get hurt. You could lock them in a padded stall and them would still get hurt. The horse itself is the cheapest part. Everything else is what costs so much. Vet, farrier, feed, tack, trailer, truck, trainer, and whatever else. Big money pit.

I went into this with a good understanding of the cost of this endeavor. If I looked back and never did anything because of cost I wouldn’t do much at all. To me this is a investment in my family!

My grandparents had horses from the time I was born. Then I got into them. Then my parents did and still have 2. In my 40 years of experience with them they always find away to get hurt. You could lock them in a padded stall and them would still get hurt. The horse itself is the cheapest part. Everything else is what costs so much. Vet, farrier, feed, tack, trailer, truck, trainer, and whatever else. Big money pit.

This is very true. Horses will hurt themselves in ways and places you can't even begin to imagine, you will be on a first name basis with your vet. Same goes for your farrier, horses need their hooves about every 8 weeks and re-shod if you keep shoes on them. I did it myself a couple of times but afterwards my back and legs were sore for a week, I decided it was worth every penny the farrier charged. For several years we had 3 horses and we were averaging about $400 a month for their feed and they have to be fed 365 days a year whether you use them or not.
That being said I really enjoyed the years we had them. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your horses as we did while we had them.

The saying is correct about boat and horse owners being happiest on the day they bought them and the day the sold them.

I have not found the hobby that doesn't cost in one way or another. Archery--- nope, Horses---Nope, shooting sports---nope, Snowmobiles---BIG NOPE lol, Boats---nope, Found out you can't put a price on fun. If you like it go for it you only live once.

Dan

Can’t have one with out the Other A23DC699-00BC-425B-A022-EB516EC81AEA.jpg can some one help he spin this pic please

Last edited:
Back