Caribou Gear

Go Hunt

TheSurveyor

What am I missing on this 2.0 filtering. I put in my points and what not and it points me to a bunch of units that show 100% draw odds without any points. Why would I want to burn points on a leftover unit??? I've always done my own research but after a podcast and my last minute decision to burn some points on a few species this fall I spent the $150. What am I missing?

Odds are you don't want to burn points on a leftover unit. When you use filtering, it shows all units that meet your draw odds criteria. If you set it that you have 2 point and you want 100% draw odds, it will show units you can draw with 2 points, 1 point, or 0 points, thus including some left over units.

If I am using draw odds as my filter in 2.0, I go to their draw odds and filter that way. It will show the prior season draw odds, at your point total, in a blue vertical bar. I like to do some "what if" scenarios based on whether I want a safe bet or I want to push the envelope a bit. I look on either side of the vertical bar to get an idea of what my chances are at my point level and one point +/- my point level. You can click on the units in this part of the module and it will take you to the unit information.

When I want to add the many other search/filtering criteria of success rates, public land %, etc. then I use Filtering 2.0 and know I will end up with a pretty small group of units that meet the multiple criteria I have requested.

Thanks Randy. I must have a bad compilation of filter settings. I'll keep trying. Wanting to burn points before I move to Montana. Really bummed I missed the goat and sheep draw. I would be putting in for some ewe and nanny tags. Want to burn elk, deer, bear, and maybe a cow moose tag.

Sometimes I put in more points than I have and work backwards. You can get a pretty good visual of units you are close to drawing or might draw in the near future.

Thanks Randy. I must have a bad compilation of filter settings. I'll keep trying. Wanting to burn points before I move to Montana. Really bummed I missed the goat and sheep draw. I would be putting in for some ewe and nanny tags. Want to burn elk, deer, bear, and maybe a cow moose tag.

I can't help but see your location says Colorado, if that's the case you haven't missed the sheep and goat draw. You have until April 3rd.

I can't help but see your location says Colorado, if that's the case you haven't missed the sheep and goat draw. You have until April 3rd.

Zing! Miss read the cover I guess. Thought it was a separate early draw. Just looked and you're right. Not sure how I'm going to manage so many tags if I pull most of them. Good problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back