Gettin there....

Leverguns loaded with Hollywood blanks definitely don’t need scopes! But those of us who have moved into the era of reading glasses need them for all firearms when possible ;)
I bring my 30-30 open sights on elk and deer hunts for in case it's rainy or foggy and renders scopes useless :p

Looking good
prod.jpg

Been juggling a few variables with setting up the 45-70 for optics...ruminated on ring selection and narrowed to Seekins Precision 30mm Medium Highs for pull back and Triji Accupoint's ocular housing tolerances. Cheek weld and relief good...did have to remove the XS peep.

Sweet. Is that a restored antique machinist tool box on your table? Got one on at a yard sale i am in the middle of restoring.

Sweet. Is that a restored antique machinist tool box on your table? Got one on at a yard sale i am in the middle of restoring.

Not an antique in the strict sense CU9.....a gift from my son that spent about 5 years in a deer blind before residing on the bench.

Looks like the POA is reconciled for pig & velociraptor POI.

12" target @100. 3 each Hornady LeverEvo 325 Flex Tips X. The target repairs aren't from this rifle.

Trigger feels a little heavier than a new Ruger #1 & hammer strike is very smooth. Gonna need to raise the comb with some type of canted (monte carlo) appliance. Recoil is negligible compared to it's stable mates.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back