PEAX Equipment

Gauging interest- laser engraving

p_ham

The wife has decided she's ready to help really get the business off the ground. We're putting some feelers out on possible products. I'm showing her the ropes of the system now as well as image processing and the licensing process.

We're looking at images on painted/anodized aluminum and mirrors, along with the slate that's already available. I can do tumblers and such but so does everybody and their grandma.

Price point would be discussed later and it's extremely variable product to product.
Let me know what you think!

These first 2 are on painted aluminum. I'm considering taking customer photos for these along with readily available images. They would be cut out and hung like the the old tin signs.
20220901_225921.jpg20230423_231951.jpg

Stainless bottles
20221126_173213.jpg

The mirrors were test runs, I'm confident i can pull more detail on these. Im thinking either accenting framed mirrors or creating a lightbox similar to the light up mirror displays you used to see in bars.
20230529_103645.jpg20230529_101510.jpg

I think they are awesome! The painted aluminum with peoples photos are awesome. Would make great gifts for hunting partners.

2D011C31-B909-4D22-BE0A-8143D037B5BA.jpeg
Made this for my buddy that came along on my goat hunt. I like the look of the black and white though!

Last edited:
I think they’re neat for sure. Is this something you can do on a receiver, or on a wooden stock, as well?

Those are rad. I would definitely buy a muley engraved on something like a Yeti coffee mug for my dad for Father’s Day. But a custom photo would be really something—I’ve got a bunch of photos that I can think of that would work.
I'm not going to have anything available in time for Father's day unfortunately.

I think they’re neat for sure. Is this something you can do on a receiver, or on a wooden stock, as well?
Receiver yes, I don't have the right type of laser for wood. I'm working on some designs that will look good at depth. I can do scroll work also. This is one I'm in the middle of designing for a rolling block.
20230524_215152.jpg

I'm not going to have anything available in time for Father's day unfortunately.

Receiver yes, I don't have the right type of laser for wood. I'm working on some designs that will look good at depth. I can do scroll work also. This is one I'm in the middle of designing for a rolling block.
View attachment 278733
are you able to do spec class 3 engraving

I would have been surprised if you did. I’m just saying that’s where my thinking went with it as an example. My old man is pretty near impossible to buy gifts for (if there’s something he wants, he buys it) and one of your engravings on a mug he’d use everyday would be a great gift.

are you able to do spec class 3 engraving
Yes, I do a fair amount of NFA engraving. It's same day or next day turn around.

I would have been surprised if you did. I’m just saying that’s where my thinking went with it as an example. My old man is pretty near impossible to buy gifts for (if there’s something he wants, he buys it) and one of your engravings on a mug he’d use everyday would be a great gift.
A customized knife from @NDGuy Perhaps?
Mugs/ tumblers are popular. I can't get Yeti wholesale but I can get other brands.

Can you engrave an image on a cup that’s like a picture of a specific buck, fish, etc?
If you can supply a photo I can probably make it work.

What about a Greenhorn edited photo to send to Fin for April fools?
Can do!

I think it’s all pretty neat. Having one of my photos engraved into something would be cool.
Some of my most prized possessions are laser engraved knives, drink ware or firearms.

Back