Yeti GOBOX Collection

Garden Muntjac Control

EnglishStalker

I've been asked by a customer to control the muntjac population in and around their large rural garden. Here's a few trail camera photo's and a couple of the highseat that I built for it and its location.

The first time I spooked one of them in a wood in Hertfordshire I was within three feet of it when it bolted from under a shrub and scared the hound out of me. I thought it was a feral pig at first until my mate started laughing at my reaction and then I figured out what it was.

The first time I spooked one of them in a wood in Hertfordshire I was within three feet of it when it bolted from under a shrub and scared the hound out of me. I thought it was a feral pig at first until my mate started laughing at my reaction and then I figured out what it was.

When and where were you in Hertfordshire?

Good luck! I think a 12ga with some #4s would be great for those things. Easier to get more than one at a sit...

English Stalker. Just a question. You mentioned in another thread that you will fill your freezer with Muntjac venison. Is it a better eating deer, or is it too small to sell? Curious, and I absolutely enjoy your posts.

Thank you.

Not a great believer in shot guns for deer, the perfect calibre is one of the .22 centerfires but my .243 does the job perfectly.
I imagine a rifle would work perfectly. Just mentioned the shotgun as one could get off a couple of shots and get more out of a group since the title was "control". I flattened a coyote going away last week at 35yds with #4 upland game loads...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuckyDraw
Back