Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gained another Elk Point

jlmatthew

Looked to see if they had the elk drawing done and it showed that I had 11 pref points for 2012, BUMMER!!!!!! :(

My wife's points dropped to a big fat ZERO so we'll be chasing elk just outside of Castle Rock which is nice and close to home :D

Preference points for me and the wife, which was planned. Hope to pull second choice on a B tag and then OTC for my Bull. Drew the deer tag so I am looking good so far.

JL – what unit close to Castle Rock are you looking at. I am east of Castle Rock and drive through that area quite a bit. I have been tracking a nice herd on and off for about 1.5 years west of 285.
Not looking to jump units as I have access to private land in 391 and have been chasing a few nice 350ish bulls for the last 3 years.
Neighbor got one last year two days after I missed a 60 yard quartering away shot with a muzzle loader. (time for a new muzzle loader.)

Point for me. I put in for a second choice cow tag that had leftovers last year just to be sure to get it while I banked a point...I'll get an OTC bull tag for the area too.

Got my tag for first rifle season. It was not hard to draw but tags reduced so I was a bit apprehensive. Headed west again. Already bearing down on the diet, running and work out. I need to shoot a bit more and study, study, study the maps.

A side note here: I upgraded my spotter to a Nikon ED50 and the thing is phenomenal!!

HD

76 1st season here......my points went from 12 to 0. Hopefully I can make the most of it.

I'm zero'd out! I'm hunting with my wifes uncle and cousin this year. Her uncle is getting up there and we wanted to make sure we got drawn, so I used points on a fairly easy unit to draw. Wanted a sure thing.

October is going to be a busy month!!

Anyone else not showing anything at all? Wife's is not showing on the preference point list at all. It shows up as being on file

If she had 0 points to start with, she probably drew her 1st choice. The preference points don't update early if you go from 0 to 0.

I currently have....one :) . The point collection starts now. Figured starting at 21 was a good option :)

Does anyone know how many points it takes for area 61. Wife has 15 and still no go. She is in with her dad and brother. I think they would go for any season they can. Thanks

Welcome zimmy, to OYOA.

The answer to your question depends upon the season and hunt method. It looks like I drew a 2nd season rifle bull tag with 16 points this year. (14 points drew that tag last year.)

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back