Fun week

FishN4Eyes

Hunted Utah for moose from last Saturday until Wednesday then rushed home to catch my daughter's volleyball game on Thursday night and worked Friday (after slacking off for four days!).

Headed up to my elk hunting spot SE of Great Falls to hunt with my Dad on Saturday and Sunday and shot this guy. Saw nine brow-tine bulls on Saturday and seven on Sunday, all on public land, before shooting this guy. Good couple days of hunting!

Had a good time and enjoyed both hunts spending time with my Dad.

Time to get out with the daughters and get them some shooting now, they've been busy with school and volleyball.

I should be bitch-slapped for the poor pictures of the elk, I didn't show him the respect he deserved. Can't really tell from the pictures but the mass on his bases is mighty impressive.

My Dad wasn't close and I started whacking him into pieces before I thought about posing him for some better photos. I am usually meticulous about that and totally screwed the pooch this time.

elk2-1.jpg

elk7.jpg

elk5.jpg

DSCN9094.jpg

DSCN9093.jpg

Um...yea ...a better photo op would have been a good idea....:eek:...that is a really nice bull and moose as well...congrats on a great season you are having.......:cool:

Please tell me the last couple of years have been extraordinarily good for you and the family, if what I've seen you post since signing up on here is just run of the mill for you .............. well I just don't think my jealousy could handle it. Seriously, congratulations on a couple of great looking bulls!

Please tell me the last couple of years have been extraordinarily good for you and the family, if what I've seen you post since signing up on here is just run of the mill for you .............. well I just don't think my jealousy could handle it. Seriously, congratulations on a couple of great looking bulls!

Appreciate it!

Been a bit lucky with the last couple years for sure but I spend more time in the woods than I probably should if you ask the wife....:D

Looking forward to getting out with the daughters the next month or so. They've been tied up with sports and school activities but it's about "Go time" now.

Hopefully some pictures with the lovely ladies in the coming month.

Chris

Awesome season! Grats !

Trophy pics are over rated... hehe! :) Quality skill exists to have that type of sightings over a weekend with your dad! Moose to boot, daughter's v-ball, then elk with dad... what a tough life!

Good stuff! Thanks for the pics and story.

What's the taxidermy/wall space situation looking like at your house these days? Seems you have been in some great hunts, with these two falling into the same category. Congrats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back