Friends Bonus Skull found on archery hunt.

IdahoBugler

Here's a big non-typical elk skull my buddy found while archery hunting for elk in Idaho. It was either a wolk kill or lost from the previous year. My buddy said he followed a line of bones until he found his prize. He said the rack was face down in a bunch of brush with the non-typical side pointing up and all he could see was the 5 point side. He pulled it out of the brush and started yelling like a girl for his buddies to come check it out. It's very unique and an awesome find. The extra point is 36" long and the 1st point on the 5-point side is very massive and about 30" long. I hope you enjoy.

MVC-027F.jpg

MVC-028F.jpg

MVC-029F.jpg

MVC-030F.jpg

Later,

That's a true double pedicle. Usually when you see a three antlered elk, it's because one of the pedicles has been split. This one appears to be three actual pedicles...

Must be a Three Mile Island Elk.....

:cool:

Very cool bull. That one would end up on my wall for sure. What part of the state?

I too always search when i find bones. Has anyone else ever noticed that its easy to locate every bone except the head. I don't even wanna guess how many headless deer and elk I find. I don't think other people are finding them first due to remote locations, maybe the coyotes like to gather skulls as much as I do?

Tone....I have found the same thing....Most of the time when I am out finding sheds and I come across a dead animal...I either dont find the head..or I find the head and it is a shed out buck!
YB

Ridge Runner - He is going to mount it. I took it to a taxy friend of mine to see what he could do about the wierd base on the left side. He said he could probably do it but it will be a lot of work.

TheTone - He found it in the Pioneer Zone.

Later,

Back