Friday Tunes - worthy of more ears

blueridge

Who on your playlist deserves more listeners? From small town favorites, artists just breaking through, to independent musician friends who don't have big labels to promote them, who is worthy of more listening love?

Tommy Prine (John Prine's son) is starting his musical career and has a great first album.

Del Barber is a Canadian singer/songwriter who has been around, but definitely deserves more love. His Almanac album is solid top to bottom.

Corey Smith is an institution in north GA, but isn't that well-known elsewhere. His song 21 is my favorite, but I enjoy the hell out of this one.

Erik Knutson is a personal friend who has two albums out. Spotify only gives a preview here on their embedded player (anyone known how to post the whole thing?), but imo you should look him up on the app and give his tunes a listen. Writes his own songs, plays most of the instruments, and is just a great human being.

What have you got? Help freshen our playlists with new music!

(Thanks to HT's Wolfman jack @noharleyyet for letting me DJ this week.)

Last edited:
I've posted some music from the before, but Chatham Rabbits is definitely my favorite lesser-known group right now. Folk music with honest, relatable songwriting. Not much more to ask for. My wife and I saw them live a couple months back and are hoping to see them again next month. Here's their most well-known song:

And here's a new one of theirs that I really like:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back