Friday Music: Even Better With Time / That Didn't Age Well

fishing4sanity

Some music we like even more as time goes by, others we find that we now channel surf right on by.

A close friend in college listened to Tom Petty insistently, so much so that I didn't care to hear any more of TP. Today, college is a distant memory and I find I enjoy TP more than before.

I'm not just looking for songs that you now skip for political correctness reasons, but ones that have fallen out of favor for any reason. This gem was always cringe worthy.

So, what's better than ever and what's gone to the ashes?

Did you guys know I like the Pumpkins?

This was never high on my list as a youngster, but now its somehow a straight booster shot of nostalgia.

I could never listen to this one again and Id be perfectly fine.

I rented a basement room with a dirt floor in Missoula, MT in 2005-06. Put a rug down, worked nights, continued to to do poorly in school, and listened to a lot of Coldplay. I think Coldplay's first 3 albums age like a fine wine.

In the years prior to that, I really liked Trapt. On repeat for a long dang time. Nowadays it's just not for me.

When I was a kid Chicago was all over the radio 📻, I recognized their music but , meh ! I was a little metal head in Highschool, It wasn’t until I was in my 40’s did I really hear them , love there 70’s stuff , and the stuff I mainly listened to in Highschool, meh ! Oh how times have changed
I started playing instruments late. It made me start listening to all the pieces of a song for the first time. The talent and "musicality" of bands like Chicago, The Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan gave me a whole new level of appreciation.

Peter Cetera on Bass.

Not just some biker band.

I started playing instruments late. It made me start listening to all the pieces of a song for the first time. The talent and "musicality" of bands like Chicago, The Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan gave me a whole new level of appreciation.

Peter Cetera on Bass.

Not just some biker band.

Yes sir ! and another one to add to that list is BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back