free hog hunts?

dvillefocker

I always hear about farmers begging to have hunters come in and get rid of some of them due to severe crop damage...Anyone know any of these farmersin need? I would love to help out with a group of friends!!!!!!!!

Where are you located? All the farmers and ranchers out here have figured out that they can make money off the hogs, and either charge a trespass fee, act as guide/outfitter themself or lease their land out to a guide.

There's lots of farmers in Oklahoma begging for people to come shoot the hogs on their land. But they want $300 per shooter and you can only kill one. I think that's the way it is in most states.

Reminds me of the saying..........one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Some farmers and ranchers are not that serious about the hog problem here in Texas, charging folks to take a few hogs off their place and in return they feel good and make a little money but do very little in the control of feral pigs.

On the other hand, the serious ones are taking another alternative. Hogs are causing millions of dollars of damage each year here and a much better way in controlling the numbers is by aerial assault.
My family has a helecopter service that does aerial surveys,illegal alien tracking, deer netting, working cattle, varmint control and hog eradication. 100's of hogs can be killed in a few hours of flying vs "one here one there" by other means. It's not hunting by any stretch of the imagination but it is very effective in keeping the numbers in check.

As it stands now, you have to have a state permit to do this but there is a state legislator trying to pass a bill that will allow anyone to get a permit and "hunt" hogs from a helicopter.

Here's a link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29287057/

Back