Found At The Bozeman Gun Show

very nice. My browning gold medallion stock looks very much like that. Love walnut (I think that is walnut)

Beautiful rifle. I've got a Peruvian Mauser in the safe that looks like somebody tried 4 times to install a side mount scope. It's getting chopped and welded for a pistol cartridge of some sort but I'm undecided.

The gun show I went to today didn’t have anything like that. A few “sporterized” rifles that looked like some one tried to make a stock out of the same board four times. That is a beautiful rifle! I hope it’s a shooter!

That is very beautiful. I wouldn't want to take that out in the field but am sure that you will. Is that an Al Biesen stock? I have never seen his work but heard that he did some pretty special stock work.

That is very beautiful. I wouldn't want to take that out in the field but am sure that you will. Is that an Al Biesen stock? I have never seen his work but heard that he did some pretty special stock work.
I don't know, someone suggested maybe Tom Burgess. I will take it to Kalispell and let Monte Mandarino look at it. He can tell by the work on the gun who the maker is...

I love chop jobs! It is so cool seeing a fine action with all the wasted bolt stroke removed.
Gorgeous rifle. If I had bumped into that at the gun show, I'd of had some 'splaining to do at home.

Wow. The checkering is extremely well done. Beautiful rifle! Great find!

Back