? for the Montana guys?

LILIDAHO

I have been looking at the montana f&g rules on line and am confused. So here is my question. Can a nonresident put in for a mulie tag in the Chinook/Turner area? 600/611 units I believe. I don't quite under stand the A tag, B tag thing. I have family in Chinook and Turner. I was thinking about a 10' mulie/antelope hunt if I could draw. Next ? is the land owner alocated tags. My family has a ranch near Turner with I don't know how many thousand acres would I be eligible for a landowner sponsered tag? Thanks for the help. Kevin/LIL

NR's can apply for deer tags, they can only receive up to 10% of the alloted tags. Permits are required in limited entry area's and you have to have the A tag first to apply. The B tag is usually an antlerless tag that is good for additional deer per terms. 600 and 611 aren't draw area's for general tags you need only get the A tag to hunt a deer.

So I could buy a deer tag over the counter? LIL

Nope. All NRs must apply for the A tag in the draw, which has a deadline of March 15th. If successful, you can hunt the units you mentioned with archery from early September to mid-October, and with a rifle from late October to late November.

Antelope for those areas will be on a draw, for residents and non-residents, and the deadline is May 31st.

Good luck.

Thanks guys. I was looking at the draw odds for the two units for deer and it looked like there was 100 % draw odds but only 10% can be non-res correct. The main hunt would be for lopes but I would like to be able to deer hunt as well if I saw a good one, which I have been told there are some good ones that live in some of the coulees. LIL

Back