Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

For the love of wood

That one is beyond awesome!

It does the trick on whitetail to boot! Needs some work though. The ivory front bead got busted off when it took a tumble. I about died inside, then remembered I have a bunch of old ivory keys from a family piano to use as substitute.

I will look in my shop, i am sending the stock tomorrow if I find some ivory beads i think i have for my old shotguns I will send one along, the real ivory shrinks with time so the dead’s would occasionally pop off when shooting even with locktite.

Don
The laminated stock I dropped it in is not too bad looking. I posted this picture on another thread here.View attachment 156018

A walnut on walnut laminate! I can dig it! Only objection to something just like that might be weight. A friend had a maple on maple on a 700 years ago ant it was very heavy. What I was told it's all the glue in the stock but other than being told that I haven't a clue. Really nice looking laminate stock though.

Ok you wood lovers here are pictures of some exhibition and AAA claro blanks I found when pulling out a n old stock to send to Ben.I am too old to start another project and thought someone might like a super piece of walnut to make either a shotgun or single shot with. The exhibition is similar to the stock on one of my Ballards if you want to see how it looks finished. Blanks.jpgBlank 4.jpgBlank 3.jpgblank.jpgblank 2.jpg all have been drying in Colorado for 20 years plus, all are matching sets, disregard the price on the exhibition piece, I would part with that one for $450 delivered, the others $300, the English straight stock $250. Probably should have posted in classifieds, but I thought the wood lovers should see these first.

Ok you wood lovers here are pictures of some exhibition and AAA claro blanks I found when pulling out a n old stock to send to Ben.I am too old to start another project and thought someone might like a super piece of walnut to make either a shotgun or single shot with. The exhibition is similar to the stock on one of my Ballards if you want to see how it looks finished. View attachment 156400View attachment 156401View attachment 156403View attachment 156404View attachment 156405 all have been drying in Colorado for 20 years plus, all are matching sets, disregard the price on the exhibition piece, I would part with that one for $450 delivered, the others $300, the English straight stock $250. Probably should have posted in classifieds, but I thought the wood lovers should see these first.

I mostly use stainless and synthetic rifles for hard hunting now, but both of these have been hunted hard in all conditions. My 12th birthday present, a Model 70 Featherweight in .22-250, has a pretty nice piece of walnut.

21B2D111-560C-412F-9280-A53CC1FB27E3.jpeg

My Model 70 in .270 has killed a lot of deer, elk, and antelope.

A11848D8-BD57-4468-B216-192A84EAFEDD.jpeg

I mostly use stainless and synthetic rifles for hard hunting now, but both of these have been hunted hard in all conditions. My 12th birthday present, a Model 70 Featherweight in .22-250, has a pretty nice piece of walnut.

View attachment 156525

My Model 70 in .270 has killed a lot of deer, elk, and antelope.

View attachment 156526
Ive always loved the schnabel forearm. I wish they made a super grade with the schnabel.

For the love of wood, I'm investing in having my shattered Greener restocked by someone that is good at it. It is coming along nicely.

Here it is wearing it's new red oil. Just soaking it in.
uyraZcal.jpg

pQRHmWpl.jpg

At some point this year, I think it will be out after birds again. Maybe just for a few days, but I think it is possible. Still has a ways to go however.

For the love of wood, I'm investing in having my shattered Greener restocked by someone that is good at it. It is coming along nicely.

uyraZcal.jpg

pQRHmWpl.jpg

At some point this year, I think it will be out after birds again. Maybe just for a few days, but I think it is possible. Still has a ways to go however.
Purty.....

Sweet

uyraZcal.jpg

pQRHmWpl.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back