Yeti GOBOX Collection

Flood? Oh well, lets try to shoot a goat.

BigRed

Heading out tomorrow morning. This is the only weekend that really works into the schedule so here goes nothing. All of the front range is flooding and its a mess everywhere with almost a straight week of rain fall. So here we go out onto the rolling prairie hoping that a) i can get there, and b) I dont end up stuck, soaked, or underwater. Should be a good adventure. Also hoping the lopes are still where I think they should be, and are willing to let me try to sneak up on them with my bow. Wish me luck.

Just got back from a week in the high country, good time but no elk(yet, still have a few more weekends).

Wow what a mess from Boulder and headed East. Just heard this morning that I-25 is closed on the North side of Denver to the Wyo border. 3 dead, 1 confirmed missing and 14 unaccounted for.

Hope everyone stays safe! No issues where I live south of Denver, I'm about on the highest point in my town.

Stay Safe out there bigred!

Ha! Must be Friday the 13th or something.... Work responsibilities arrive in the morning followed by a vehicle that apparently has quit working, not to mention I don't think the city officials, nat guard, and other authorities wanted me/would let me leave town. Every force against me and this hunt. Maybe its a sign to stay in for the weekend. Going to have to reset plans and try again. :( Hope all that are more affected by the flooding are well!

I landed in Denver yesterday.. roads were a mess. Forcast not so great. Going to be a wet week.

Heading out tomorrow morning. This is the only weekend that really works into the schedule so here goes nothing. All of the front range is flooding and its a mess everywhere with almost a straight week of rain fall. So here we go out onto the rolling prairie hoping that a) i can get there, and b) I dont end up stuck, soaked, or underwater. Should be a good adventure. Also hoping the lopes are still where I think they should be, and are willing to let me try to sneak up on them with my bow. Wish me luck.

If that where eastern Montana you wouldn't even think about it. Good luck, hope your taking some good gear to get yourself out of tight spots.

Wet wet wet... I really thought that this would get the elk talking but they are pretty quite. I have real doubts about the muzzle loader even going bang if the time comes with this weather.

Well I made it out for one short day of chasing lopes. Flat terrain and first timer mistakes = tag soup. But dang that was fun! My home made decoy seemed to interest them quite a bit. First hour was spent creeping along trying to stay low, then popping up the decoy and twice it resulted in the herd buck charging in to check me out. He wouldn't come in past about 90yrds tho so not at all shootable. All in all it was a fun day fighting the crazy rain storms and watching those silly looking critters run all over the place. Can't wait to go back more prepared next year! (maybe with a rifle tho....)

Back