Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Fishing with my Kids

Mac7

Got out with my kids and lab fishing on the upper forks of the Boise. Caught plenty of fish, but didn't take enough pictures. The water was pretty low for this early in the year. Most fish were caught on size 8-10 stimulators. Here are a few pics of the trip.

Hope to get out again soon. Will try and post a few more pics later. :):)

Attachments

• Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 100.jpg
    Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 100.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 111.jpg
    Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 111.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 113.jpg
    Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 113.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 116.jpg
    Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 116.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 256
I wish my girls were still that age,enjoy them now. It won't be long and you'll be competing with a million other things for some time with them.
Love your Pics.

Thanks all it was a good day. I think Stan our lab swam through every fishing hole but it didn't matter we still caught fish. Hope to get them out again soon.

Saw a few deer and tryed to get some pic's of the bucks we saw but they didn't turn out.
A few more pic's.

Attachments

• Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 114.jpg
    Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 114.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 124.jpg
    Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 124.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 172
  • Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 127.jpg
    Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 127.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 105.jpg
    Kenzie and NF Boise 2013 105.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
It looks like they had great fun, did they cast the fly themselves?
If so did you teach them?
Cheers
Richard

They do cast and catch some fish on their own if the fish are close and taking dry flies. I also hook some fish and let them fight them if they are having trouble hooking up. If nymph fishing I do most of the hook setting as I don't use indicators (tempted to teach them as they would hook more fish).

I did teach them or should say am teaching them to cast. I untangle a lot of knots,tie on new fly's and leader. Once in a while they let me fight one but I have just as much fun watching them catch them.

They do cast and catch some fish on their own if the fish are close and taking dry flies. I also hook some fish and let them fight them if they are having trouble hooking up. If nymph fishing I do most of the hook setting as I don't use indicators (tempted to teach them as they would hook more fish).

I did teach them or should say am teaching them to cast. I untangle a lot of knots,tie on new fly's and leader. Once in a while they let me fight one but I have just as much fun watching them catch them.
That is brilliant, good on you, nothing like getting them when they are young, no doubt they will remember those times for ever.
Cheers
Richard

My daughters are all grow now. They still talk about our fishing trips! As I'm sure your's will! Great pics!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back