photo3_zpsd581e8c9.jpg

My son manning the bow seat.

photo1_zpsb6d17a91.jpg

My buddy checking a bite
photo2_zpscf472948.jpg

My kid with his biggest walleye to date
photo3_zpsccd614d8.jpg

Last edited:
We fished up the Dry Arm this weekend also (we were closer to Nelson Creek). We must have caught 10 hammer handle northerns for every walleye. The biggest was a friend's 29 inch walleye @ 9lbs (which was quickly measured and released). I'll see if I can upload a pic.

We fished up the Dry Arm this weekend also (we were closer to Nelson Creek). We must have caught 10 hammer handle northerns for every walleye. The biggest was a friend's 29 inch walleye @ 9lbs (which was quickly measured and released). I'll see if I can upload a pic.

We have the same story on the hammer handles. We caught 2 walleye, 2 bass and 37 northerns, mostly hammer handles.

Nemont

What was the water temperature? I was there a couple of weeks ago and the bite was slow. the water was 50 - 54. The biggest was 7 1/2 lbs (we put it back) but we came home with a couple of gallon ziplocks full of fillets. Planning on going up to Fourchette in a couple of weeks.

John

I have been known to catch a few lakers but I don't enjoy eating them.

Wapiti,

On Sunday the water temp was 60 degrees. I heard that end of the lake, between Timber Creek and Fourchette was where hot spot was.

Nemont

One of these years I'm going to have to head that way this time and year with my boys. I think we'd have a ball! Not too many lakes like that around these parts...

Nemont- Are there many charter/guides that work that lake?

I was on the dry arm sunday also. I guess I should have kept a look out for everyone. We caught lots of small slimers and a few walleyes.

Fishing fort peck is on my bucket list. You guys ever catch lake trout out there ?

I use to target lakers and salmon during the fall. Used downriggers and flutter spoons/squid etc. Probably caught 10 lakers for every salmon. Never did keep the lakers just turned them back. Biggest was around 20lbs.

1-Pointer,

There are a couple that guide. I could put you in contact with one.

Nemont
I'll contact you if/when we plan that trip. It'll be a few years as I want to take both boys and the youngest will only be 4 next month. Just didn't know if anyone guided on that lake. Thanks for letting me know.

Back