Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fishing again, finally!

fishing4sanity

It had been so long since I last held a fish in my hands, I was getting ready to change my screen name to lackin4sanity (it may still be more fitting). Thankfully my son knew I needed a fishing trip and asked me to take him fishing, I really appreciated that because I knew he was asking just to get me to leave the farm and go. My son (in the first pic) likes fishing but not like I do and so I was glad when we got to the river and ran into a couple of his college buddies, after a couple of hours of fishing they went and did their own thing. At the last minute my brother (in the second pic) joined us to go fishing and so the two of us stayed and spent the whole day on the river.
Derrick.jpg
Rob.jpg
IMG_0693 - Copy.jpg
As the sun was setting I fished one last run and it ended up being my best run of the day. The fishing had been a bit slow in some spots and pretty dang good in others, but all-in-all awesome, as any day on the river is.
IMG_0720 - Copy.jpg
IMG_0729 - a.jpg
The day started at 3:30 in the morning and after some 530+ miles of driving it ended at 12:45 Friday night when I got back home. Today at work I'm dragging, but would do it again in a heartbeat. So for now I'll keep the screen name unchanged, but onion harvest starts next week and I suppose lackin4sanity will be more fitting again.:D

Some nice looking fish there. Congrats on the great day. Looks like some areas around here but i don't think you would have been driving down to this neck of the woods to be fishing for such a short trip.

Nice fish,and sounds like a great way to spend a day.Took my 5 yr old out today and he got a bunch of sunnies.He's as happy as can be with catching them,and it puts a big smile on my face watching him have so much fun.
Wish I had a place like yours to take them for fish.Great scenary ,big fish and your son by your side what more could you ask for

Looks like some areas around here but i don't think you would have been driving down to this neck of the woods to be fishing for such a short trip.

I was fishing my old stomping grounds where I grew up in Oregon, but I've been known to throw common sense out the window and go a long way for some good hunting or fishing. Gardnerville is a little beyond day-trip length, but if you got some pesky trout that need catching I just might show up sometime.:D

It was a much needed break and I know my son had other things he would rather do, so I'm glad I was able to make the trip with him. I'm looking forward to the next time we get out hunting or fishing together.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back