Caribou Gear Tarp

Fish and mushrooms

duckhunt

Were almost to mushroom season. One of my favorite things in spring is frying up fish and mushrooms. I like to deep fat fry but getting tired of the same old seasonings. I think I would like to try a batter this year any suggestions on a simple homemade batter?

Whip up a couple of eggs and batter the shrooms in a bag of finely crushed Cheez-Its.

I can't wait myself. It will probably be another couple weeks at least before they start up here. I just like putting some flour on mine and frying them up in oil.

If you want your breading to "puff up" a little more, separate the eggs and wisk just the whites into a foam. Hard to explain but it kid of ends up like Long John Silvers's type of texture.

Almost to mushroom season??
Not hardly for the morels at our place in OR. Just checked the Snotel early this morning and snow level is back up to 33 inches. Last year was closer to Memmorial weekend.

Agree with dustin on beating the egg whites.

Last edited:
I promise not to be as lazy as last year and actually look for some morels. Hoping to have a mess of bluegill to fry with them!

With the winter we had here it will be at least 6 weeks before my arms will look like I got in a fight with a Tom Cat

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back