MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Boat Repair Kit

Art Vandeley

Looking for recommendations on items to carry in case of something not working properly on my fishing boat. We lost two days of the three tournaments I fished last year due to electrical issues, I can’t have that happen again in 2024. 33% downtime is not good.

So for this year I’m working on a repair/spare kit to carry with me to hopefully fix things as needed. Any suggestions for me would be appreciated, I’m not very mechanically inclined so major motor issues will be done by a professional.

What I‘m planning to carry so far:

Tool Kit with the basics - screwdrivers, wrenches, wire cutters/strippers etc.
Socket Set
Heat Shrink Butt Connectors
Electrical Tape
Battery Post Connectors (not sure of proper name)
Spare Fuses
Spare Battery Chargers
Digital Voltage Tester
Brake Fluid (Trailer Reservoir slowly drains)
Engine Oil
Everything I need to change a tire
Bolts/Nuts/Washers of various sizes
Spare 12v Battery
Would likely to buy a spare prop to carry

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance

The first time, we were crossing peck the day before the tourney and it was really rough, the jumper wire between battery 1 and 3 sheared and I didn’t know it until the next day, so essentially we did have a trolling motor that day. Second time, a fuse blew between the charger and one of the batteries for the trolling motor, so once again no trolling motor for the first day of tourney.

Gotcha. Peck can beat the peewad out of gear. The roads, especially Hell Creek adds to shit rattling to death. Just curious as you seem to have fairly new equipment as me, based on your posts. Peaked my interest.

Gotcha. Peck can beat the peewad out of gear. The roads, especially Hell Creek adds to shit rattling to death. Just curious as you seem to have fairly new equipment as me, based on your posts. Peaked my interest.
Yes I think those two instances were fairly bad luck, however it is a boat, and things constantly break

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back