First Tournament tips?-Walleye

cwitherow

Does anyone have any tips for tournament fishing, specifically walleye? I've done a few walleye leagues but never a tournament. Kicker...It is far enough I don't think I'll be able to pre-fish :oops:

1-Never fish one spot more than 15 minutes if you are not catching fish. Move, move move.
2-NEVER and I mean NEVER leave fish to find fish!!!!!!!
I have a nasty habit of being too stubborn to move...or try a different technique. I get it in my head that X is what will work, and I spend too long trying to make it happen. The second point is also a great piece of advice.

Are you entering this tournament for fun or are you actually trying to be competitive? If for fun then do just that go in with an open mind and enjoys yourself, don't try to put too much pressure on it or you will be miserable all day... especially if you're not catching. If you're trying to be competitive then figure out a way to pre-fish.

I don't tournament fish, it takes all the fun out of it for me. Then it becomes work and I can make alot more working at my real job. I do have a good friend that loves tournaments and I learned those two things from him.

Are you entering this tournament for fun or are you actually trying to be competitive? If for fun then do just that go in with an open mind and enjoys yourself, don't try to put too much pressure on it or you will be miserable all day... especially if you're not catching. If you're trying to be competitive then figure out a way to pre-fish.
Definitely for fun. Never done one and figured why not! That being said, I also don’t wanna end up in last!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back