NEW SITKA Ambient 75

First Time Bow Hunting Antelope in Mt.

Jhoellein

Looking for some advice, will be hunting the Gallatin Valley for Antelope. This will be my first time hunting Antelope and I will be doing it with a bow. I have been looking around Ennis as a possible hunting spot. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
U didn't say when your hunting so....Ennis area is pretty flat its gunna make getting close tough for spot and stalk. Most of the water sources are rivers or creeks making pinning the location tough. Decoying them in the rut will work but again getting close enough to trigger a response to the decoy will be tough without getting spotted. Decent number of goats though.

Id head North or east...or better yet a little of both rather than south

U didn't say when your hunting so....Ennis area is pretty flat its gunna make getting close tough for spot and stalk. Most of the water sources are rivers or creeks making pinning the location tough. Decoying them in the rut will work but again getting close enough to trigger a response to the decoy will be tough without getting spotted. Decent number of goats though.

Id head North or east...or better yet a little of both rather than south

I agree...you'd be hard pressed to put a stalk on in the South of Ennis area of that unit due to lack of features to conceal you. Those are big flat benches that you can see for miles. Not saying it isn't possible just extremely tough. Might consider a blind if you can find where they are watering on the south end of that unit.

Looking for some advice, will be hunting the Gallatin Valley for Antelope. This will be my first time hunting Antelope and I will be doing it with a bow. I have been looking around Ennis as a possible hunting spot. Any advice would be appreciated.

Gallatin Valley or Madison Valley?

You won't find many antelope in the Gallatin. They're all over the Madison (Ennis), but as others have pointed out it's not easy to spot and stalk! If that's your only option, though, check out McAtee Bridge south of Cameron, lots of BLM and Block Mgt - as well as goats. Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice. My schedule really sucks for hunting being a full-time student. I appreciate the advice about getting a blind and decoys, I will do some research not blinds and decoys.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back