Yeti GOBOX Collection

First steelhead

I landed nearly 70% while fishing right handed (I'm a lefty), so that makes me a much better fisherman than you. Suck it.
All fly fisherman should be ambidextrous shouldn't they?

I must admit i knew little of steelhead until you posted this thread, we have your equivalent in the sea run brown trout, sea trout (or sewin/peal) but in my local river they swim about 25 miles to get to the spawning grounds, not nearly 1000 miles!

Cheers

Richard

I must admit i knew little of steelhead until you posted this thread, we have your equivalent in the sea run brown trout, sea trout (or sewin/peal) but in my local river they swim about 25 miles to get to the spawning grounds, not nearly 1000 miles!

Yeah, it's pretty crazy to imagine that they make it that far especially considering the gauntlet of fishermen and dams they have to navigate.

Awesome looking fish! I was just got back from BigSky on Sunday. I was hoping to sneak out on the Gallatin, but I couldn't talk anyone with me into skipping a day of skiing to wade in the river. It wouldn't have been as cool as Steelheading, but a few trout would still have been fun.

The first one is always the hardest!! I'm sitting in Salmon right now, people are sure catching fish...

Makes me want to get back in the river here. There is some darn fine steelhead that run uo the tributaries of lake Michigan. Me personal best was a 33" fish. The setting was not the greatest though... One of my hot spots was I would park on the edge of the Milwaukee Brewers stadium parking lot and walk 50 yards down to the Menomonee river. Thousands of cars driving by with no clue that the river has world class trout and salmon runs

Last edited:
Makes me want to get back in the river here. There is some darn fine steelhead that run uo the tributaries of lake Michigan. Me personal best was a 33" fish. The setting was not the greatest though... One of my hot spots was I would park on the edge of the Milwaukee Brewers stadium parking lot and walk 50 yards down to the Menomonee river. Thousands of cars driving by with no clue that the river has world class trout and salmon runs
Pretty much the same thing for steelhead/salmon here in Indiana. Most are caught within some of the more sizable towns just south of the lake. Ihaven't given it a whirl yet, but am planning on it in the next year or so.

Back