First muzzleloader deer!

Intothewindoutdoors

Well I have been a rifle hunter my whole life and within the last few years I have started bow hunting and love it!! But I had never muzzleloader hunted before until Saturday.

The hunting seasons have all but wrapped up here in Wyoming so me and a few buddies decided to head over to Nebraska and give muzzleloader hunting a shot.

I left on Friday night and we started hunting on Saturday. With it being my first time ever muzzleloader hunting I wasn't sure what to expect but was excited about the opportunity to be hunting deer in December and also excited at the opportunity to be able to get it on film!

My buddy shot a good Nebraska mule deer at about noon day so we decided to head to a different area and try to find me one!

I have never hunted mule deer in the rut or anytime close to the rut so the sights I saw were pretty awesome!! Even though it was pretty late into the rut we had deer running all over the place!

Right before dark and after watching a group of over 70 deer for over 3 hours on the wrong side of the fence all 70 started coming as an all out run at us! The biggest buck was in the back so by the time he got to us we had all 70 deer within 80 yards of us! Bucks were fighting, does were running around, it was crazy! Finally the biggest one gave me a shot at just under 80 yards and I dropped him in his tracks!

Unfortunatly while we were sitting in the snow and wind for 3 hours waiting for the deer to move our way the video camera froze and we were unable to get the kill shot on film :mad:. Trust me I was not happy about this but I wasn't going to let it take away from the great hunt I had with great friends!

Here are a few pictures!

Attachments

• Aaron 2011 Nebraska Mule deer (front).jpg
    Aaron 2011 Nebraska Mule deer (front).jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Aaron 2011 Nebraska Mule deer (side).jpg
    Aaron 2011 Nebraska Mule deer (side).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 229
Here is a picture of my buddies deer too! Neither one are monsters but for Nebraska muzzleloader deer we were both very happy!!

Attachments

• Clay 2011 Nebraska mule deer.jpg
    Clay 2011 Nebraska mule deer.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 216
Congrats on your hunt.A buddy of mine tried to convince to go on this hunt this year,maybe I better give it a second thought next year.Is the blackpowder season traditional only or can in-lines be used? looks like you might have an in-line there?

No not at all! Thats a big reason why we went durring the muzzleloader season so we didnt have to deal with a ton of people. We didnt see another hunter while were were out there!

Congrats on your hunt.A buddy of mine tried to convince to go on this hunt this year,maybe I better give it a second thought next year.Is the blackpowder season traditional only or can in-lines be used? looks like you might have an in-line there?

I believe that you can use in-line or traditional.

Nice buck, congrats. Every since your 'lope photo, all of your hunting photos have looked cold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back