Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

First Muley Fort Berthold ND

wswat

Here is my first Muley buck ever. Not the Monsters that I normally see on here but I'm super happy with him.
157 2/8" gross
Was a real DYI hunt. Just went by what looked good on the maps and headed back into the badlands in search of a trophy.
Thanks again to Derrik for all the help packing him out.
2010 1st Mule Deer 011.jpg

2010 1st Mule Deer 007.jpg

2010 1st Mule Deer 010.jpg

Thank you!
Was a really fun hunt! And yes I shot him on a steep drop off but luckly he didn't fall all the way down. We were walking the tops of the ridges when my hunting buddy spotted a buck at 80 yards bedded down right below us with a doe. He was about 25-26" wide with good back tines and forks but his fronts were really week. And since my buddy has shot tons of nice Muleys he told me to wait. With in seconds the buck I ended up shooting was walking along the next ridge line at 350 yards but I passed so that we could get a better look and a safer shot. When we got around on him he was bedded at 250 and as we glassed him in the brush my buddy said I would but him at 155" Which in the end was dam near spot on.
I told him I realized he wasn't the 170" that we had been hunting in a totally different area earllier in the season but that he was more than enough of a buck for me to be happy with. Well about that time he must of smelled the hot doe the other buck was with and started right up over the hill towards them. When we got around on him he was quartering away at 150 yards. First shot off hand of course missed high with the blood pumping with buck fever. Next 2 shots hit him so fast that I didn't even realize I could shoot that fast with my 25-06 remington bolt action and he was down in a flash.
Its been another year full of memorys with a Alberta Moose, P&Y ND whitetail, Superwide 1st Montana trophy now this ND buck.
I am truley blessed with good friends and family to share it with and a very understanding wife who knows how deep my passion for hunting is.

That's a really pretty buck.
Way to set the bar high for yourself.
Congrats.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back