First Hunt In Idaho, I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Conical

Hunting out of state ( from Wa.) Has been a huge dream of mine for many years. Ive been hunting elk for 22 years and have never shot a bull bigger than a spike. For those that arnt familair with Wa. A large portion of the state is spike only for elk. And yes anyone can hunt the coast for 3pt or bigger Rossies. But now its pay to play to hunt in western wa on the private timber lands. So the tempting allure of the millions of acers of public land without antler restrictions or over priced land use permits is huge.
So this year I bit the bullet and bought tags for my two daughters and myself. Were headed over in October for a nine day trip for elk and whitails. Ive been planning this hunt since 2009. So im not looking for any help or honey holes. I just CANT WAIT TILL OCTOBER 😆

Thanks for the good luck. Yeah taking kids hunting brings entirely new aspects to hunting. It takes alot of patience but its incredibly rewarding at the same time. And if i left them out of this hunt i dont think they'd forgive me lol.

Good luck! Where you headed? I'll be taking my daughter out for her first elk hunt this year, up in the weiser zone, they have a 9 day youth cow season.
Matt

Good luck. I know how you feel, I'm pretty excited too at the prospect of Elk hunting after being away from it for a few years.

Conical,

Curious how your 2017 ID hunt went with you and your daughters? I am in the similar situation you were in back in 2017, but will be venturing to ID's Elk City Zone in October 2018. Like you I have grown up hunting in WA chasing those elusive spikes on the east side of the cascades. Just wondering if you had any tips, pointers, or things you wished you would have known prior to making your first out of state hunt in that area of ID.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back