First duck hunt this season

Outdooraddict

Well, finally got a chance to get some personal "quality time". Wife said I had until 9 so we could make it to a family function. We've had some awesome duck weather so I ended up shooting 5 ducks by 8:00. Problem is, I'm my own duck dog and I ended up losing one in the thick riverbottom. I looked for him for a while and ended up coming back due to time. On my way back a hen flew right at me- and it being the first hunt this year and all- I couldn't resist. I ended up with 5 ducks in hand.

So I'm ready to drive out and I get stuck in the dobie mud :mad: It took me almost an hour to get out of that sloppy mess. Turning a corner, I lost control and started sliding into a t-post. Now I'm pissed cause I just got some dents fixed on the truck. I try sticking my arm out and grabbing the post- luckily the ground is so wet the post bends in the mud.

I come home and the wife is pretty upset. I get some clothes, pack the kids in the car, and we take off. Half way to her brothers house she musters up a sincere, "Did you get any?" I say "Yup" After thinking for a few moments she asked "So, what did you do with them." I put them in the back of her Jeep :) Now a little hell breaks loose and I try to tell her it would be unethical if I didn't clean them. She tells me she hopes I put the bag of ducks away from the kids' things. After a little lying, she finally realizes that there is no bag- the ducks are on a piece of plastic.

We get to my brother-in-laws house and now I have to explain to his anal-compulsive wife that I would like to clean them on their property. Holy shit- what a long day

Women... they just don't get it. :D (ok most of them)

Here's my son checking them out.

DEFINITELY not the quality of pics or ducks as MTMiller

Attachments

• DSC04324.JPG
    DSC04324.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 77
At least she "let" you go hunting. :hump: Congrats on a great outing.

I appreciate the story.

You're right, most of them don't get it. If you find one that does, hold on to her tight!

Back